If you’re passionate about customer service and love working behind-the-scenes, come join our amazing team!
On a mission to inspire and promote well-being by empowering people to create thoughtful spaces that nurture and comfort them. We are storytellers, and we believe our homes are our sanctuaries, waiting to be filled with those stories. We are moved by the moments our customers find a perfect gift for someone special, or fall in love with the pillow that brightens up their whole space. And we are wildly passionate about supporting independent makers, designers and artists, especially women and people of color, and amplifying their work on our shelves.
Someone who loves to work with their hands, stay active and make people happy. You’ll make sure the goods and gifts ordered through our website are delivered with care and beautiful packaging. You’ll work inside our beautiful HQ The Sun Room to package up online orders, handle online customer care and help unpack and process inventory. You excel at the details and have excellent customer service etiquette through verbal and written communication. As a team player, you’ll help grow and improve our daily operations. This position will report directly to the E-Commerce + Inventory Director.
- Paid time off + family and sick leave
- Employer-subsidized health insurance
- Your favorite candle, pillow, throw (all our goods!) at an awesome discount
- A team culture that supports wellness, openness and individuality.
- The Sun Room is an open warehouse space with a great kitchen (snacks!) and natural light.
WE ASK FOR
- Full-time, hourly position with flexible availability + commitment to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via multiple channels
- Experience in customer service or a customer facing role
- Experience working with Shopify is strongly preferred but not required
- Proficient in Google App Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc.) + Slack communication
- Ability to lift 50 lbs required and to be on your feet throughout daily shifts
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19
Key responsibilities include:
- Packing all online orders while ensuring accuracy and safety of inventory and upholding our visual and brand standards
- Communicating with shop floor teams + coordinate inventory movement across multiple locations for multiple orders
- Maintaining a reliable working knowledge of inventory and products we carry
- Managing our customer service email account by responding to all inquiries within 24-48 hours using kind and professional language in keeping with our Home + Lifestyle Boutique|Theretailaxis standards, following all communication guidelines + email templates
- Problem solving when order issues arise promptly, providing proactive and creative solutions in order to minimize returns, keep sales and make customers happy
- Receiving and processing new inventory with the Senior Operations Manager Coordinating with Senior Operations Manager with counting and updating inventory
- Packing + pricing items for shop transfers in a timely + organized manner while ensuring accuracy and safety of inventory
- Assist with receiving Little Leaf plant deliveries
As a company, we believe all are welcome. We believe in generosity of spirit and empathy. And we believe in social responsibility. We are committed to using our position and platform to support our community in meaningful ways and to advocate for social and racial justice.
Please send an email with your résumé, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to careers@shopsaltandsundry.